Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Walhalla Elementary Family Fun Run

On Saturday March 26th at the butt crack of dawn I am going to run in my 5th or 6th 5k race. I have not went on any kind of run since probably November or December. I hope all of the basketball I have been playing will help me with this run. I am still playing basketball any where from 1 to 3 times per week. I don't have any delusions that I am going to set any world speed record for a 30 year old fat guy either.

In other news......
I was working as a companion aide for a student with special needs up until last week. I am no longer needed in that position, so I am unemployed. I am not dealing with this very well. I am struggling internally with what it is that I want to do for a living. I see a lot of different jobs that I feel I would be successful at and would probably enjoy, but I want to be doing what God wants me to do. I know I could get my teaching certificate and be a great teacher, or I could use my organizational skills in an office somewhere and be an outstanding administrative assistant, or I could be some kind of salesman and do great; but the thing I want to do most, is to please God with what I am doing as far as my job/career goes. This is not the easiest thing for me to deal with either because I have so much going on right now and I really enjoy all that I do. I work part-time at a therapeutic boys school. I am the volunteer sports league director at my church. I also coach the throwers on the track team at my local high school. I am getting ready to start subbing in the school district as well.

What is it that I am supposed to be doing????? All I know is that when I do get to the answer, I want the answer and God's will to match up.

I am seriously about to get seriously serious into losing weight and getting healthy.

SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers