Monday, August 23, 2010

How Bad Do YOU (SHEP) want it?

I had to take the day off work to drive the 300 miles round trip to Columbia, SC for the Neuro-Psychologist in charge of brain research to tell me I am indeed stricken with ADD. While driving the crazy interstate system of South Carolina I was reflecting on how I would love to coach a sports team. When I get these ideas in my head I often play out scenarios in my head. This particular scenario I was thinking about getting my team prepared for a bigger, stronger, more athletic team to compete against. I could hear myself shouting at them to work hard and asking them "How bad do you want it?"

I then snapped back to reality and considered the things that I want in life.

I want:
To lose a significant amount of weight.
To be a good father.
To be a good husband.
To be a good employee.
To be a better basketball player.
To be a better Christian.

These are all goals that are attainable. I know these are all things I can accomplish. I do not feel like I am putting in enough effort. I can sit on the couch and complain about all the things that I have not accomplished, or I can get up and put forth the effort it will take to reach my goals and aspirations.

I played basketball tonight for about 2 and a half hours. I am very tired and had an awesome workout. However that is all I have been doing as far as exercise goes since May. It is time to get back on the treadmill and start logging some miles.

SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers