Saturday, July 17, 2010

Good News, Bad News

The good news: I am still not drinking cokes and sweet tea. I am still playing basketball two nights a week.

Bad news: I am not running any. I have been snacking at night when I get bored.

The good news: I realize this. I realize I need to make a change. I wrote a plan out on paper. It is an easy to accomplish plan, that I can make more difficult as I go. I am going to run two days a week and play basketball two days a week. I am going to throw a long walk in there as well.

We were out of town last week visiting a friend and went for a hike. It was nice. I would like to do more of this. We have some really nice mountains close by that I could go hiking on.

I still have not been able to find a job. I am getting more and more frustrated about this. I struggled and bumped my way through college and now I cannot put my degree to work. I have made a grand total of $9.15 from this blog. But I will not get a check until I get to $100. I know God has something in store for me, but I am struggling to be at peace with that thought.

I am over halfway to my goal weight. If I could get my head squared away I could exceed my goal weight. I want to get to 210, but I know if I can get my head squared away I can get down to 185.

Summer is coming to a close. What are you going to do to close it out?

SHEP

5 comments:

  1. Hey Brother! I just found you through the Couch-to-5K facebook site. I was so encouraged by your pics. If you visit my blog, you'll see my weight loss pics as well. I have "fallen off the wagon" since February and decided to do the Couch-2-5k to get moving again. I have always wanted to be a runner, but have never had the endurance. So far, so good. I start week 5 next week.

    Please get back on track. You've come too far. Your family is worth it and YOU are worth it.

    (BTW ... I'm your newest follower. I hope you'll keep up with me too.)

    God bless!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Life can be frustrating, I know that. I changed careers in my 30's, went back to graduate school, moved cities, etc. Now I'm using couch to 5K to get moving. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail any time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shep! Take a few minutes and tell yourself all the reasons that YOU ARE WORTH doing this for!! Not your wife, kids...just you. Because you DO deserve this for yourself! Which in turn makes you better for them, and sets a great example for your kids about finishing what you start. Plus, getting healthier means a better chance of being around to see those kids grow up and become the wonderful adults you know they can be! You can do this buddy...I will be a follower and kick you in the hiney from time to time...you can follow me as well. http://snicklefritz64.blogspot.com/
    Get up and go!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS...quit calling yourself the fat guy, and quit focusing on weight. Focus on your health instead! And I tried being a follower on your blog but it won't let me get to the link. I'll keep trying though!!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Keep up the good work! your doing awesome, your results look fab!

    Everyone has down times with their training so don't kick yourself for it, just sleep on it and start again when you can! To avoid snacking in the evenings when you want to have snack try drinking a glass of water, thirst is often mistaken for food cravings.


    Good work, keep it up!

    Soph
    x
    barrettsfitness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers