Friday, March 9, 2012

I have been working out a lot here lately. I am resting about one day a week. I am trying to incorporate as much cardio, weightlifting and healthy eating into this journey as possible. I really excited to by home much this journey has improved my quality of life.

After coming home from Iraq and getting out of the Army I have been working through PTSD and depression. I have been on multiple different prescriptions that have not really improved my quality of life much. I am so much more energized ever since I have been going to the gym and getting active. My self confidence has been increased. I think more positively about myself and where I am going with my journey. I am much more happier with who I am. I still have a long way to go, but I have seen some major improvements in the past two and a half months.

I started out at 258 in January, today I weighed in at 232. I am not very concerned with the amount of weight I lose, but the amount of fat that I lose. I will be more than happy with being 200 lbs but having less body fat.

My workout today was insane. Earlier in the week I did 5.5 miles on the elliptical machine in 45 minutes. I wanted to increase my mileage and stay within the same amount of time. I pushed myself hard today and did 6 miles in 45:25. I was drenched in sweat by the time I was done. I went down to the weight piles and worked my arms for about 45 minutes. After pounding away with the dumbbells I wanted to make sure my free throws were on because Sunday we have the first round of the playoffs. I grabbed a basketball and headed to the basketball court. I was shooting around when I noticed a group of guys looking for a 10th guy to run a game. I jogged over and said I would jump in. An hour and a half later I finally called it a day. I was the oldest player by at least 10 years but I kept up like a champ. However, I will probably be the first to be sound asleep tonight.



I cannot wait for the day that I can walk around in public without a shirt on. Slowly but surely I will attain my goal.

SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers