Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Are you standing in the way of your success?

How good do you feel when you set a goal and meet that goal?Let's take that one step further. How great do you feel when you set a goal and not only meet that particular goal, but exceed that goal? Today's exercise goal was to spend 35 minutes on the treadmill. Goal, CHECK. Not only did I spend 35 minutes on the treadmill, I went an extra five minutes.

On Monday I covered two miles in 30 minutes. I am ecstatic to say that I covered those same two miles in 24 minutes. In 30 minutes I was able to cover three miles. I was so ready to quit about 17 minutes into the run. I pushed through and refused to quit (which does not happen often.) I am proud of my performance.

I know, three miles in 30 minutes is not a great feat by any stretch of the imagination. Michael Jordan did not become a World Champion overnight. C.J. Spiller did not become the fastest man to lose to the University of South Carolina overnight. My goal is to gradually run faster and farther. I doubt I will ever be CJ fast, but its cool.

Right now I am planning on running three times a week for two weeks. At the end of that two week period I will move to four times a week. I will eventually be able to run like I want to. My long term goal is to run in the Myrtle Beach Marathon next February.

Today I did not feel as bad. I was able to eat more today and did not get a headache and did not feel like crap.

Today's Food intake looks like this:
Breakfast
Medium Bowl of HN Cheerios with 2% milk 6:15 AM
Small Tangerine 10:00 AM
Two Turkey Sandwiches (still on white bread), some pita chips and a small tangerine 11:40 AM
Handful of Almonds (9:15 AM, 12:15 PM)
Small Tangerine 2:35 PM
Medium Firehouse Sub, Baked Lays (I NEVER eat this stuff), and a Coke Zero. 6:00 PM
And I drank about four 20 OZ bottles of water through the day.

If you know of any good Reliable websites that have nutritional tips on them would you leave them in the comment box?

Looking forward to getting out of my so I can be successful.

SHEP

1 comment:

  1. You probably know this by now but I like sparkpeople.com
    I am enjoying reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Followers