Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Waiting is the hardest part.

I had a message in my inbox today. No, no, no it wasn't the usual spam, but an actual message from someone checking up on my progress. I tried to sound as up beat as possible, but I am really bummed out.

My eating habits have changed for the better. My portion sizes have decreased by at least half. I am getting some sort of breakfast daily. (Protein shake when I don't actually eat food.) I am eating fresh fruits as snacks instead of those glazed honey buns. I have still been able to avoid Coke for 26 days. When I say Coke, I am referencing the cola, not the drug sold to the rich white kids. I am not eating just because I am lonely or bored. Some of these meetings I have gone to, the boredom I have had to endure, would have been a 3 or 4 Little Debbie cake binge in the past. Now I just snack on some fresh fruit and drink my Walmart bottled water. I have completely cut out white bread. As wonderful as it was, I know I have to make sacrifices. It is not easy though. I have a strong desire to keep my white bread. Candy was something I really loved to eat, now when I see people eating it, it doesn't bother me. I don't crave it. My headaches have pretty much stopped.

Here comes the bummer.

My lower body has taken a beating because of all this weight I am carrying. My knees, legs, ankles, and feet hurt for 2 or 3 days after a run. I do not feel I am getting any where. I had a friend suggest riding a bike. Out here in the Middle of No Where it is far from safe to be riding a bike. And it's not because of the banjo music. I am going to have to formulate a plan to keep me exercising. I am making zero from this blog and zero from student teaching right now, so joining a gym is out of the question. I am going to figure out a way to stuff the bike I have out in the storage shack in my little Honda Accord and find a decent area to ride in.

AS long as I keep eating these more healthy foods, I know I will be successful. My fitness goals may come slower than I had hoped, but I know I will reach them.

Shuffling one foot in front of the other,

SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers