Friday, February 12, 2010

Busy Life Syndrome

I am seriously suffering from busy life syndrome.

I have so much stuff I need to accomplish on a daily basis to ensure I am meeting my expectations as a student teacher. I have responsibilities as an adult that are being neglected. I am not exactly a good husband either. I am sure my children would lie for me and say I was being a good father right now too. I am struggling to keep things pieced together. I am trying my hardest to get myself in shape and become healthy. This journey I have set out on has been much more difficult than I anticipated.

Thursday I got up and hit the gym again. I put in 45 minutes of cardio. I went home got myself cleaned up and up the mountain to school I did my best to teach the students everything I could amongst the excitement in the air about the upcoming Valentines holiday. My back started hurting and I was so tired. I just wanted to go home and sleep for the next 2 days.

I am struggling to keep up all this hard work. It has not been easy. The only thing I can do is to keep up the hard work and not give up.

Quitting is such an easy way out of something hard. You get nothing out of it at all. I am not going to give up, I am going to show everyone that I am not the same loser I have been for so many years. At the end of this year, with God helping me along the way, I am going to be at my target weight. I am not the same person I was 2, 3, 4, or 5 years ago.

I am looking forward to getting back to the gym. The snow that we have gotten better not get in my way. I hope the roads will be OK for me to drive on in the morning.

Struggling through.....

SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers