Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A nice little ride

I don't know how many of you know this or not, but 4:30 comes two times a day. Now I know you think this is some nasty rumor, but trust me I saw it both times today. I got up this AM at 4:15 and low and behold 4:30 came around not too far behind.

I darted out to the Honda and had to clear the ice from the windshield before I could beat feet down 123 to get to the gym that shall remain name less until they start paying me to advertise. Some how even getting up so early I still did not get to the gym until 5:15.

I went ahead and skipped the elliptical machine to save myself from the negative feelings I would be having about myself. One day I am going to take the time to figure out which elliptical machine in there will actually allow me to make the strides a little longer.

I rode the stationary bike for 45 minutes this morning. Rode may not be the best word to describe the pounding my rather large frame gave this stationary bike. So far this week I have put in 19 miles on the stationary bike. Like I said before, I have no idea what respectable times are concerning the whole bike thing. 11 miles in 40 minutes for running would be great. Only problem is, I am not from Kenya. I am not a 6 foot 4 inch guy with legs as skinny as rails. And I surely do not have that nice rich tan, nor do I weigh 105 lbs. with rocks in my shoes.

I felt great knowing I put in the hard work this morning. I was laying in bed thinking, man I do not want to get up. It is cold out there and when I start pedalling that bike my knee is going to hurt. I can skip today, it will be alright. Then I said to myself, you have to get up. You have said tomorrow way too many times in the past and you see where it has gotten your fat behind. It got you fatter, now get up and get a move on.

It is so rewarding to know that I am making positive changes in my lifestyle. In my childhood and upbringing it was hard to focus on the positive. This has been one of the many things I have had to work toward as an adult.

I am excited about this journey to a healthy lifestyle. It is an emotional roller coaster for sure, but well worth the ride.

Working hard to be the healthy example for my young and impressionable children.

SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers