Saturday, February 20, 2010

Who knew one man could sweat so much

I made it to the gym today. I changed up my routine today. I did some lat pull downs and some leg presses. I normally do not mess with any of the weight machines. After reading an article in Men's Health about weight training before a cardio workout burning more calories and making the cardio workout more beneficial. I am not sure why, but after I did several sets of the leg presses I hit the treadmill. Normally my legs will start hurting after being on the treadmill for a few minutes. Today, I ran for a full mile with very little pain.

I was very glad to be able to finish a mile. I even did it in a halfway decent time compared to the last time I ran a mile. Last time, if my memory serves me correctly, I ran a mile in 17 minutes. Today my mile time was 10:30. Not too shabby I guess.

Getting the workouts done isn't the hard part, actually making it to the gym is the hardest part. Life, especially here in my world, is very busy. Today's workout went very well. I need to be dropping as much weight as possible. Hopefully I will be seeing some more results soon.

This has not been an easy journey. I am so busy with life. Being a dad, a husband, and a student teacher has made it very difficult to make it to the gym on a consistent basis. I want to make it to 210 lbs in 2010 so bad I cannot stand it.

I am looking forward to playing basketball tomorrow afternoon.

Trying to get back healthy.

SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers