Thursday, March 25, 2010

Getting Nervous

It is another RAINY Thursday night. I am resting my legs, not because I want to, but because my wife had a school function and I kept the kids at home. I wanted to go play basketball, but I stayed home with my wonderful children instead. I know staying home was best, not only because I was able to rest my legs for the 5K on Saturday ( THIS coming Saturday!!!!!!) and I was able to hang out with my children. I am not able to spend as much time with them as I like. They are great kids. Sometimes they make me angry by behaving like a bunch of MTV children, but 95% of the time they are the funniest, sweetest, most giving children you would ever encounter.

I am nervous about this race on Saturday. Not the Saturday a month from now, but THIS Saturday, March 27, 2010. I have not been running as much as I want need to. If I had to do some sprints I would be doing just fine because of all the basketball I have been doing. I am looking forward to the run, but I am still anxious and nervous. Finishing and beating my wife are my two main goals. Not throwing up at the finish line is a huge secondary goal.

I am looking forward to the Mud Run as well. It is a 4 mile run through an obstracle course. It is going to be a blast. View more details here: http://www.t4tchallengerun.com/ The run is completed in groups of 4. I am pretty much guessing this is a run you do not wear your new shoes in.

School is winding down for me. I have 14 more school days (not that I am counting).

Loving life and trying to stay healthy so I can fulfill the ultimate goal of not dying before I turn 50.

SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers