Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Preparing for Saturday's Run

I am so tired of the pain. My right hip has been bothering me for about 2 weeks now. Today while I was working out at home I had some shooting pain through my right knee and right calf. I am not a doctor and I have no clue what is causing this pain. Regardless of the pain, I am not going to stop working toward my goal. It would be so easy to stop working out and wait the pain out. If I did that, what would happen? Could I continue on the journey if I took a break? This is not the first time I have ever been running. I have ran many many miles in my life as an adult. Never, never, have I had any kind of pain like this shoot through my legs. I am not sure why I am having this pain. I am going to the doctor April 26. My schedule is so tight right now and my DR will be out of town. I hope there is nothing wrong with my hip/leg.

Today I started out walking on the treadmill. I walked for 30 minutes. I moved on to running. I ran for about 15 minutes before the pain started shooting through my knee and calf. I tried to puch through the pain, but it was too much to handle. I had some kind of numb feeling going along with the pain.

My wife mentioned to me that she wanted to get a body bugg. She asked me if I wanted to get one. I asked her about the price, after the sticker shock, I decided I did not want one. Now that I am becoming more and more serious about this journey I really want to get one, but the sticker shock is still there. I will shop around and see if I can find something that will count my calories burned through the day. I think if I knew how many calories I burned through the day and how many calories I took in, my journey would be "less" difficult.

Struggling with the pain, but moving toward a positive gain!!!!!

SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers