Monday, April 12, 2010

4-12-2010

What a great day. It was a long day, but still a great day. I had a great day st school today. All of my students were happy to be back and to see everyone.

I told my class about the 5K I am running in on Saturday and told them they would recieve some school money if they same and ran with me. I am not sure if anyone will come out, but the offer was made.

At recess I played basketball with a lot of the students. They really have a good time playing. They have no idea they are exercising in the process of having fun.

After school I had to go to a meeting at the big university. It was supposed to be over at 5:15, nope it ran over. I was going to go to the track and run after my meeting before I headed to the gym to play basketball. I did not have enough time to do both, so I picked the one I wanted to do the most.

The old Shep would have just said "I can make it up tomorrow". Nope! I was going to get in some exercise one way or the other.

I played for about 2 hours tonight. I really got a great work out in tonight. I am going to do some work out at the track the next couple of days to help get me ready for the race on Saturday.

I am looking forward to setting a new personal record and eventually extending my mileage so I can work up to a half marathon and a full marathon.

I am slowly getting to where I need to be and I love it. I have gotten so many compliments about how good I am looking now that the weight is coming off. I feel good about myself for the first time in a very long time.

Looking forward to getting back out in this beautiful weather.

SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers