Friday, April 23, 2010

4-23-2010

What a day!

I finished up student teaching today. The kids were telling me all day how much they were going to miss me and how they wanted me to stay. One little girl in first grade grabbed me around the waist and told me she wanted me to come back next year and be her second grade teacher. I will really miss those crazy kids. However, I can get used to getting a little extra sleep in the mornings.

We had to go to the big city of Anderson, SC to the Sam's club to get some stuff for the big Rock Star party. We had dinner out. I had water, 2 rolls, a baked sweet potato, and fried chicken strips (6 of them. I only ate 3.5).
We went shopping for some costume stuff for my wife. We went to a sporting goods store here I ran into a fellow blogger. Christina is blogging about her training  for a marathon. Check her blog out at www.mission262.blogspot.com. We got out girls some running shoes for under 16 bucks. On the way home I stopped by Belk to see what kind of sale they have going on. I bought a running shirt with a little pocket for my ipod, that is now frozen on the main menu.

I jumped on the treadmill. I walked for about 5 minutes to warm up and then started running. I ran for 30 minutes with no problem and a big goofy smile. I am now very tired and ready for some sleep. A good night of sleep is going to be nice. If I could only get the neighbors dog to stop barking at the cows across the street. Not too thrilled about the whole situation. Oh well.

Going to catch some shut eye.

SHEP

2 comments:

  1. Hi fatfunnyguy. I heard about this blog from couch to 5k on facebook. I also am under new management so to speak. I've lost 50 pounds and have about 25 to go. I want to run a 5k! We shall see how it goes. I wish you much success and send good vibes out. My own blog is about dogs and I bet that would bore you to tears. Good luck to you and your wife.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the 5K and huge success with the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete

Followers