Thursday, April 1, 2010

Not Sick

Today was a wonderful day. I felt great, the sun was shining, and SPRING BREAK began at the end of the school day. We had career day for the first half of the day. Not only did our students get to go around and learn about different careers, but I also learned that Chick-fil-a will begin selling spicy chicken sandwiches on June 7th.

At recess several I play basketball with the kids. Several of the kids wanted to race me across the playground. Of course I am a playful kinda soul so I raced them. I am doing as much as I can to help them understand they need to become healthy. I encourage them to run and be active.

When I got home today I wanted to go for a little run. Several weeks ago I paced of a half mile from my drive way using my odometer. I ran to the .5 mile spot and back. This is the way I got myself into running shape when I decided to join the Army back in the day. My time today was 9:59. Not great, but by no means my worst time posted. I am going to continue doing this until my time drops. This strategy helped me eventually get down to a 7 minute mile. I think with my determination I am going to get down to a six minute mile. Especially when I go from running these few little hills to flat ground.

While running today I did not have any shin pain. I am so glad I was able to run relatively pain free today.

Cannot wait to be running on the beach on Monday.

SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers