Tuesday, April 20, 2010

4-19-2010

Just another typical Monday. Nothing spectacular.

I sent my buddy a text about basketball and he said we were going to take this week off and play next week. He did say he was going to the gym to shoot around. I went too. I need as much practice as possible so when November rolls around and basketball starts at FCC (http://www.foothills.cc/) I will be ready to jump out of the gym. My shot did get a little better. We played a little one on one. For Kaleb's sake we are not going to talk about my win.

My right hip is giving me fits. I have no clue as to why it hurts. I am just guessing here, but it could be that I never stretch. I have to seriously work on getting serious about stretching. Serious stretching would probably be very helpful.

When I took a week off because of the super sunburned knees my hip felt much better. When I only run my hip seems to hold up well. It is playing basketball that give my hip such trouble. I am wondering how much the jumping has to do with the hip pain. When I go to the doctor next week, I am going to see if I can't get a physical therapy appt to get this hip squared away.

The hunt for work is still going on. I have applied for all kinds of positions. I am hoping to find a teaching job, but this budget bonaza has me worried.

Hope you all are having a great week.

SHEP

1 comment:

  1. Shep-
    I came across your website while procrastinating for grad school finals in a week. Can I just say, "Mazel Tov!?"

    I've been a runner since I was eight, and I will honestly tell you that running when overweight is significantly harder than running a marathon as a fit person. I gained 25 pounds in college and getting back into running was the hardest thing I ever did. Those 3 mile runs were harder than my 18 milers now. I'm running the Nashville Country Music Marathon this Saturday and I just wish you the best in your journey and to keep it up. P.S. As a future Cardiothoracic Nurse Practitioner, I urge you to continue to work on that diet. While it is forever a struggle (and I cave continuously), increasing your fruits and veggies will decrease your weight and increase your water intake.

    New research suggests that blueberries have possible weight loss properties...and citrus fruits after your run (within 45 minutes of finishing your workout) can potentially increase your speed.

    Quick protein fixes include: the egg whites of hard boiled eggs and edamame beans... (and edamame won't increase your cholesterol levels).

    You can do it! keep going!

    Sarah
    Chicago, IL

    ReplyDelete

Followers