Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Foothills 5K was a big success today. The race raised just over ten thousand dollars for the Foothills Pregnancy Center. I am very glad the center will now have an ultrasound machine. This machine will be used to show pregnant women seeking an abortion their unborn baby. 90% of the time once the mother sees the unborn baby they choose life for they baby. I am pumped up about the success of the race.

As far as my running is concerned, I finished. I had a very reachable goal of finishing the race. The lack of training kept me from making any other goals for this race. I did not want to have a certain time goal because I had no idea how well I would have done. I did plan on starting off much stronger than I normally do hoping to improve my time. No such luck. I finished. I ran a 32:16 or so. Overall I am happy, but vow to train harder so I can yet faster.

SHEP

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the fund raising $, a great cause indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Followers