Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mud Run

My wife, two friends from church, and I all ran/jogged/walked/crawled today in the St. Francis Mud Run. I had such a great time. If you are not familiar with a mud run let me break it down for you. 4 mile run with obstacles sprinkled in. Sprinkled = 35 different obstacles. I completed Army Basic Combat Training in 2004. Basic training was a jog in the park on a lazy Sunday afternoon compared to this one run. I have never climbed over (lots of help needed) crawled under, or waded through so much mud in my life. It was a very difficult physical challenge, but it was so much fun. I would do it again in a heart beat.

After the run was finally over, it took me about 10 to 15 minutes to finally catch my breath. I was exhausted. Due to some weak upper body strength I did not finish a few of the obstacles. I regret not at least trying to do them. It would have been easier to know I did not do well on the obstacles then to not even try them at all. My shoulders give me a lot of difficulty, but I could have at least gave it a try. I am going to post a few pictures here, but will post all of the pictures on the Fat Funny Guy page on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fat-Funny-Guy/102249846485790?ref=ts).

If you want to challenge yourself and have a great time doing it, I encourage you to get out and do a mud run. It was so much fun.

So tired.

SHEP

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shep- we have a Mud Run in October (Sacramento, CA) that we were thinking about... but we're a little scared!!!
    We have a while to decide but it seems like it would be fun. We'll see how much of a challenge we need by July or August and decide then.

    No pics for April or May?

    ReplyDelete

Followers